Montalcino is a small medieval village, surrounded by the Tuscan hills.
Years ago, driven by passion and love for our territory, we decided to let the world know flavours and fragrances/ aroma of this land.
From here, Cava d’Onice was established.
All our wines, as the most famous Brunello and Rosso di Montalcino, contain a story, our origins and our “winesophy” that drives us to follow the Sangiovese process from the field to the finish product, through a uniquely familiar conduction.
Brunello di Montalcino D.O.C.G.
750 ml – 1500 ml – 3000 ml – 5000 ml
- Colour: Brilliant, deep ruby-red with some garnet highlights.
- Nose: It does present an elegant nose since the beginning, where the aromas of ripe fruit come out immediately. The spices and Indian herbs fragrances open in a second time, finishing with hint of toasted coffee.
- Mouth: It shows a bold tannic structure and a persistent finish. It is full, round and well-balanced.
- Pairing: Long cooking meat dishes and seasoned cheese.
Rosso di Montalcino D.O.C.
- Colour: Brilliant, deep ruby-red with some crimson highlights.
- Nose: It opens with floral aromas of red berries like blueberry and blackberry. Subsequently, some spices of black tea come out.
- Mouth: A soft and pleasant texture in mouth with a fresh ending.
- Pairing: Second plates, such as roasted chicken and semi-mature cheese.
- colore: Rosa carico, limpido e brillante, con riflessi rubino.
- profumi: Intenso e persistente l’aroma fruttato, in cui le note di ananas, banana e lampone sono esaltate da una piacevole freschezza.
- gusto: Intenso, morbido e di giusta sapidità, con un finale lungo e persistente.
- abbinamenti: Zuppe, sformati di verdura ed antipasti a base di pesce.
Dicono di noi
This is extremely perfumed with flower, blueberry and Spanish cedar. Full body with round, silky tannins and a tangy, fresh, delicately fruity finish. Subtle and complex on the palate. Single-vineyard wine. I slightly prefer the same producer's blend. Drink or hold on release. CAVA D’ONICE BRUNELLO DI MONTALCINO COLOMBAIO TASTING NOTE